DCP provides valuable services to families with challenging, and sometimes tragic, circumstances:
- Ensures there is an advocate available to individuals with disabilities, so they may continue to lead a safe and meaningful life.
- Consults with parents, relatives and guardians concerning lifetime plans and protective services.
- Creates a means to provide financial and social support beyond a parent's lifetime.
- Encourages families to set aside funds for their family members with a disability -- funds that cannot be considered as assets or income that would disqualify them from crucial governmental benefits.
- Allows families to fund trusts with a fraction of the assets and fees required by most banks.
- Serves as trustee, facilitating the sound administration of contributions by allowing families to obtain professional investment management through pooled contributions, thereby maximizing the return on investment.
- Provides attorneys with model trust documents and information that protects the beneficiary.
DCP provides a strong foundation for ongoing, individualized support. Its Board of
Directors includes experts in law, financial planning, nonprofit accounting, nonprofit
and for-profit administration, as well as family members and community advocates.
As a nonprofit organization dedicated to people of modest means, DCP relies on donations
to keep fees stable and below market value, as well as for crucial education and outreach
on long-term care planning to all in need of our services.
Through DCP, you are ensuring that individuals with disabilities -- one of society's most vulnerable populations -- have the care and support they need when they need it most. DCP helps to give parents the peace of mind from knowing their children will be safe and cared for, even after they are gone.